Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Footwear Fetish

A few years ago now I tagged along with my Dad when he and some old footy playing mates had a three-week holiday in America.

The final week was spent in Hollywood, which is dirtier than Kings Cross, in my opinion, but I did LOVE the shopping. Everything I love in clothing and footwear was easily found and CHEEP (compared to Australian retailers charging three hundred or more times that of the Americans).

This is how I came to own my boots (to add to my collection which includes lace up knee-highs and docs)…knee high platform boots (toes to ground was four inches…than add the heal) which laced up the front and had buckles (also I side zipper, otherwise they would have been hell to get off when drunk). I loved my boots and wore them to the pub, to clubs and even to work (never fallen over in them in case your wondering…I loved those boots, and those boots loved me).

Once returning home I decided to look for thigh-high boots similar to my new knee-highs. And low and behold they existed and I was in love (well, lust, must be honest) so I click my way to the shipping page…no international postage available…ok, no big, I’ll just find another website… no international postage available…there boots, I’m sure they’ll be fine… no international postage available…I have money… no international postage available…fu*k you all, you fu*ken fu*ks…must breath…so after many let downs I had to except that, right at this moment, I will not be walking around in thigh-high boots and starting thinking about how much I was willing to spend to get an Australian store to get them in for me ($100 in the US equalled $800.00 or more here…HOW THE FU*K IS THAT FAIR?)…

From time to time I would look online randomly, hope never truly dying…but always the same…which was more painful after one specific night where me and my boots were out having a blast when we gave the mosh pit a go (was always nervous of them after I had to be pulled out of one…plus I’m much shorter than everyone else…the boots fixed that)…loved every minute and I’m sure my boots did too before they died…

I held the tears in until the shoe repair place told me they couldn’t be saved…I’m tearing up right now as I think of it…my babies…*big sigh*…

Than yesterday…

I was looking online for gothic cloths, as one does when hard at work, and with me saving money I decided to splurge on an outfit (not sure which one yet but this is the most extreme…).
http://www.galleryserpentine.com.au/

Now with a Victorian outfit you need Victorian shoes/boots…and when looking for shoes/boots I always end up look for my wet-dream thigh-highs…suddenly I come across an Australian website (an easy way to bypass international postage…though I find it ironic that us Aussies will post to the US)…

!!!I FOUND MY BOOTS!!!

How could this be? Am I dreaming, is it real? Oh calm down Corinne, they would have raised the price ridiculously…NO!!! I’m in love!!!

So now, for the entire world to see, I give you my darling ones that will soon be mine…MY PRECIOUS!

First up is the Ranger…lol…love the names they give footwear…now these have a completely other story behind them.
I had this Ute that got smashed up and we sold it on EBay. Now there was no way I would get what I paid for it, but I was hoping to get something…which I did…the day the auction was finishing I was looking at New Roc boots (I know this looks like an addiction, but it’s not, I can stop any time…I just don’t want to) and came across a pair that I loved and thought they were worth the $800.00 price tag. As the Ute went for more than $800.00 I decided to get the boots…I like spoiling me…

Now the Ute buyer transferred the money into my Dad’s account and we were discussing getting it into mine when the final bill for our holiday to the Great Barrier Reef came in which, my share, as you might guess, was over what I got for the Ute. So Dad kept the money and wrote a check…so no New Rocs.

So when I came across this website that had THE BOOTS, I went looking around to see what else they had and found the Rangers. Now they don’t have the solid metal heal, buckles (I do love buckles) and other New Roc attachments but they were what I wanted in the first place. Just simple boots to ware anywhere with anything (docs are flates and knee-highs are a pain sometimes and don’t look as good with baggy army shorts).

Than the Monroe’s caught my eye in the footer of the page
While looking for them I cam across the shoes to go with my soon to own Victorian outfit (thank you Carolyn for helping me to decide between the calf-high and ankle boots…asking Carolyn’s opinion led to this blog). And last but by no means, least…the long desired…fantasised…THE BOOTS…named Electra (I will be getting them in black)!

Boots for Babes...I LOVE YOU!!!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I want you to wear the 'electra' boots to work on Board meeting day!

Now *that* would be funny! :-)

C

June said...

Me too... Please where your boots into work!!